CONSIDERING A ONE DAY FORKLIFT COURSE?
IT MIGHT PAY TO LOOK A LITTLE CLOSER
Over the past months, training organisations including One Stop Training have been contacted by people who had received letters from the Qld Government about an intention to cancel their Forklift Licence, and could we help them keep it.
All had one thing in common – they had been to a One Day Forklift Training course.
- all paid for the training course
- passed the test
- paid their licence fee
- thought everything was legitimate.
The problem is, a one-day forklift course doesn’t exist. There is actually no such thing, and it is up to the trainee to ask the right questions to work out what the actual process they are buying into is. It might sound fast, it might sound cheap, but it is not legal. This is the result.
We’re helping clean up the mess. We have been helping by conducting a process to verify their competency so they can submit that evidence to the Government and keep their licence.
|Verification of competency||$ 250|
|Some then had to resit the course with us||$ 490|
|Plus the original one-day-training||$ 350 (?)|
|Total spent||$ 1090|
|Time spent||6 days +|
Do it once, do it right. There is no such thing as a one day forklift course.
FORKLIFT LICENCES CANCELLED
If nothing is done, the forklift licences will just be cancelled leaving some operators at risk of being unlicensed. Employers may be left with drivers operating unlicensed without knowing. This puts people and jobs at risk. Further, this has left some forklift operators tied up in Government investigations. Some people decided to just surrender their licence.
DON’T GET CAUGHT OUT
- Check your training provider closely.
- Does the course sound too short? If so, why?
- Does your training company look professional?
- Does the training seem too cheap? If so, why?
- Are you booking with an actual Registered Training Organisation?
- Does something not feel right about the course or the training?
- Have you done a course and didn’t feel like you learned anything?