Suitable for anyone whose work requires them to work in confined spaces, this course will teach you how to plan and prepare for entry of confined spaces; enter and work in confined spaces; and exit and clean up confined spaces and cleaning up.
Completion of the general construction induction training program, specified in the Safe Work Australia model Code of Practice: Construction Work, is required by anyone carrying out construction work. Achievement of RIIWHS202E Enter and Work in Confined Spaces meets this requirement.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit of competency in some states and territories. For further information, check with the relevant regulatory authority.
Let's talk some more...
The custom training program includes:
- Applicable Legislations and company confined space procedures
- Definitions and types of confined spaces
- Hazard identification and risk management procedures
- Hazardous atmospheres including gas monitoring techniques
- Isolation, purging, ventilation
- Roles and responsibilities of team including standby
- Rescue equipment and procedures Industry case studies