What is an EWPA Yellow Card
A ‘Person Conducting a Business Undertaking’ has a duty of care to ensure the health and safety of workers while they are at work with the business or undertaking. A PCBU is also responsible for ensuring work carried out does not carry risk to the health and safety of others.
This means the PCBU must:
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment
- Provide and maintain safe plant and structures
- Provide and maintain safe systems of work
- Ensure the safe use, handling and storage plan, structures and substances
- Provide adequate facilities (and ensure access is maintained)
- Provide instruction, training, information and supervision
- Monitor the health of workers and conditions at the workplace
Workplace and safety legislation is there to protect people in the workplace. The EWPA “Yellow Card” is an industry initiative helping to provide a safer workplace for all.