Considered a career in Logistics?
Logistics is one of the largest employers in Australia – over 1.2 million workers.
It’s kind of a big deal.
The largest industry, and the largest employer in Australia moving goods from one place to another.
- Everything that is imported passes through the Logistics chain
- Every product that is sold passes through the Logistics chain
- All goods that are consumed pass through the Logistics chain
- Everything that is manufactured passes through the Logistics chain
- Everything that is constructed passes through the Logistics chain
It is the industry that keeps Australia running, so it is important now and will be more important every day into the future. People will always buy items, consume goods, make products and construct objects.
Bringing all these items together at the different stages is called the Logistics Industry. Road, rail, air and sea.
What sort of jobs are there?
- Store persons
- Pickers and packers
- Distribution workers
- Forklift driver
- Order picker driver
- Container loader and unloader
- Delivery drivers
- Truck drivers
- Purchasing and procurement
- Import and export administrators
- Transport clerks
- Planners and processors
- Waterside worker
- Airside worker
In a large nation, there’s always going to be a demand for people who can get goods from A to Point B. There are plenty of exciting opportunities for careers in many different avenues in Logistics.
Would you like to learn how to get involved in Logistics?Learn More