The program is targeted towards young people in years 10, 11 and 12 who are wishing to enter the construction industry and obtain a traineeship or apprenticeship.
The completion of Certificate I in Construction (CPC10111) also contributes to their Queensland Certificate of Education.
One Stop Training team are qualified to deliver not only the program but also hold a variety of qualifications and skillsets such as trauma-informed practice in training and education (TIPTA), so as to help students achieve the best possible outcomes in often complex circumstances.
Job-related readiness training
- Improvement of cognitive skills
- Increase in academic performance
- Enhancement of social competency
- Strengthening of cultural life
- Building community connections
- Career counselling
- Work experience job placements
- Social skills training
- Management of emotions
- Understanding education vulnerability
- Working through exposure and challenges
- Behaviour management
Formal skills available include
- CPC10120 – Certificate I in Construction
- FSK20119 – Certificate II in Skills for work and vocational pathways
- TLILIC0003 – Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (eligibility dependant)
- CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
- RIIHAN301E – Operate an Elevating Work Platform
These courses are held by arrangement and as part of a broader intervention and assistance strategy, generally as VETiS or a similar initiative.
Our facilities at Brisbane, Logan and the Gold Coast have the physical and material resources to facilitate these programs. Alternatively, and more common is for One Stop Training to bring the program to you – with any machinery learning being completed at our sites. We have learned that flexible, and mixed-mode education delivers the best outcomes.
Should you wish to put together a submission that includes this, or one of our other community programs, please get in touch below or request a callback from one of our specialists.