The program is targeted towards young people of 15 and over as part of a final-stage intervention strategy.
This is a many-faceted program designed to support young people who have had difficulty with mainstream education, learning difficulties, or ongoing complex family situations.
The intention is to gain real-world skills and hands-on training to continue their education or gain employment.
The program is facilitated by One Stop Training in partnership with the Department of Youth Justice, alongside the local community.
Job-related readiness training
- career counselling
- job training
- work experience job placements
- social skills training
- behaviour goals
- interaction with others
- management of emotions
- understanding vulnerability
- working through exposure and challenges
- behaviour management
- improvement strategies
Formal skills available include
- CPC10120 – Certificate I in Construction
- FSK20119 – Certificate II in Skills for work and vocational pathways
- TLILIC0003 – Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck (eligibility dependant)
- CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
- RIIHAN301E – Operate an Elevating Work Platform
These courses are held by arrangement and as part of a broader intervention and assistance strategy, generally as part of a Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) or similar initiative.
Our facilities at Brisbane, Logan and the Gold Coast have the physical and material resources to facilitate these programs. Alternatively, and more common is for One Stop Training to bring the program to you – with any machinery learning being completed at our sites. We have learned that flexible, and mixed mode education delivers the best outcomes.
Should you wish to put together a submission that includes this, or one of our other community programs, please get in touch below or request a callback from one of our specialists.