Process Manufacturing SkillsPack with Forklift and Order Picker
Wouldn’t if be nice to complete a course that offers multiple skill-sets that can be applied to a variety industries? Our Certificate III in Process Manufacturing includes the Forklift Licence Course AND either Order Picking Forklift Licence Course or EWP Under 11 metres – all for only $50!
- Where: 6 Wilkinson Street, Redbank Plains
- When: Thursday January 24 at 8:30am – Information Session
- When: Monday January 29 at 8:80 – Course start
- Duration: Two weeks full time
- Forklift duration: Three days in January
- Order Picker duration: Three days in January
- What to bring: Photo identification
- Booking in: Quick and easy no payment required to book, or just join us on the day.
WHAT YOU GET
- MSM30116 – Certificate III in Process Manufacturing
- TLILIC2001 – Licence to Operate a Forklift *
- TLILIC2002 – Licence to Operate an Order Picking Forklift *
- Booking in: – Quick and easy (accurate details required for eligibility check)
You must be 15 years or older to enrol in the program and seek funding assistance. High risk licences (Forklift, Order Picker) are only available for over 18’s.
You cannot be currently enrolled in a Certificate III level qualification or higher.
You can’t have competed a Certificate III level qualification or higher outside of school.
If you achieved a Certificate III qualification at school, that is fine.
You will be required to provide evidence you are a Queensland resident
You will be required to provide evidence you are either an Australian Citizen, a New Zealand Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
Funding is not available to non-residents, or those on student or holiday visa’s.
Second Chance Funding
The Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost SEQ provides eligible jobseekers with funding for training to help secure local jobs. Training may include “second chance” training for jobseekers or workers who already have a Certificate 3 (or higher) level qualification but need new or updated skills to gain, change or retain employment.
Back to Work Jobseeker Officers from the Qld Government will work with jobseekers or those at risk of losing their jobs to:
- Provide career advice that helps jobseekers find a job that suits them
- Find training that is linked to real jobs in the region
- Help jobseekers determine their individual skills as well as services and supports that may be of assistance
- Provide independent advice on career and training opportunities and
- Help jobseekers understand their training options and link them with training connected with jobs in the region.
Who is eligible? To be eligible, jobseekers must:
- Live in Queensland and
- Participate in training aligned to local employment opportunities.
Participants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Be unemployed and need new skills to obtain a job or
- Be at risk of losing their job and require reskilling to move to alternative employment opportunities or
- Be working, but looking to increase hours of work or shift from part-time to full-time employment.
What training can be funded?
If a person is eligible for funding under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost program, the Queensland Government will subsidise the costs of their accredited training, although a student contribution fee will be required.
Jobseeker Officers will discuss costs with jobseekers before registering a person for training. If relevant training is not subsidised through this program, Jobseeker Officers will work with jobseekers to identify other possible training options.
A second chance funding application form can be downloaded here.
The student information, policies and procedures can be found here.
One of the exciting things about the manufacturing industry is the variety of roles on offer and the opportunities the SkillsPack can create. Every manufacturing facility has a goods inward and goods outward warehousing and distribution section. That is how the raw materials come in and the finished product goes out.
This training program is designed for someone working in, or wishing to work in the Manufacturing Industry. Certificate III in Process Manufacturing provides the competencies required by production workers who use a range of equipment and provide support functions related to producing products.
- Warehouse personnel
- Stock controller
- Process operator
- Process support
- Receivals and dispatch
- Process preparation (stock-picker)
- Forklift operator
- Order Picker Operator
- General warehousing and logistics roles
Many manufacturing industry jobs see workers in blended roles with an increased level of responsibility. This is an exciting career pathway with many opportunities that can extend to a broad range of industries.
INFORMATION SESSION AND ENROLMENT
It is important to be able to make an informed decision about which course is the most appropriate for you. We start the program with an information session which is open to everybody who wish to learn about the course, the outcomes and the expectations. This is also the chance for you to ask any questions about the program.
There is no obligation to enrol in the course – this is all about understanding the program so you can make a decision if it is for you. This session runs for about two hours.
Those who wish to enrol will proceed to the next part of the day, which is where we learn about you and your learning abilities. We will so through a language and literacy assessment to make sure you have the skills required by the program.
The assessment is not about spelling and neat handwriting – it is about us making sure you can understand the material we are going to cover.
One Stop Training have designed the course specifically for someone with little to no experience/exposure to the industry. As individuals learn at different rates as well as through different modes, the course duration has been carefully considered. It is structured to deliver the required skills and knowledge for the qualification and target cohort and to allow sufficient time for Volume of Learning to be achieved. The Volume of Learning as per the AQF Volume of Learning Indicators for a Certificate III is 1200 – 2400 hours.
* Licencing units TLILIC2002 and TLILIC2001 are open to students over 18 years of age. This is classed as a High Risk Licence, and requires lodgement with the State Government on completion. The cost of this is approximately $93 for issuing the 5 year national licence. This is NOT payable to us and is not part of the course.
The Student Handbook can be found here.
Delivered in conjunction with The Learning Collaborative, RTO 32350