This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a limited range of tasks relating to identifying and inspecting mechanical and electrical components and systems of light vehicles, heavy vehicles, outdoor power equipment, bicycles, marine craft and motorcycles.
You will gain the basic skills and knowledge required to carry out tasks safely and effectively. You will become familiar with bicycle electrical and mechanical components and systems and the tools used to maintain them.
Like to learn more?
Training program includes:
- Follow environmental and sustainability best practice
- Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
- Resolve routine problems in an automotive workplace
- Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- Identify automotive electrical systems and components
- Identify automotive mechanical systems and components
- Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- Apply for jobs and undertake job interviews
- Remove and tag bicycle components
- Remove, repair and refit bicycle tyres
- Maintain specialised bicycle repair tools and equipment
- Service bicycle drivetrain systems
- Remove, refit and adjust bicycle accessories
- Identify, select and use low voltage electrical test equipment